1. April 2010 08:08
My step-by-step Excel 2007 VSTO add-in tutorial has been growing quite a bit, and Dennis Wallentin, in his great wisdom, suggested that a table of contents would be a useful addition. Here it is – I will update this page as I keep adding to the tutorial.
Part 1: displaying worksheets in a TreeView within a Custom Task Pane
This first part focuses on using a WPF TreeView hosted in a Custom Task Pane to display all the workbooks and worksheets that are currently open, and refreshing the contents based on the events exposed by Excel.
1. Getting Started
2. Using the Custom Task Pane
3. Using the Ribbon
4. Adding a WPF control
5. Displaying open workbooks & worksheets in a TreeView
6. Using Excel events to update the TreeView
7. Wrapping up part 1
Code sample for part 1
Part 2: finding differences between worksheets
This second part focuses on reading the contents of worksheets to identify their differences, and on building a WPF user interface in the Task Pane, using the MVVM pattern, to navigate between the differences and highlight them.
8. Binding to Commands to navigate to Cells
9. Reading the values and formulas from worksheets
10. Use a WPF converter to display differences
Code sample for part 2
Part 3: deployment
11. Creating a basic msi installer
To be continued...